“Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? It is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. “
If we are to be brothers and sisters in Christ with good spirits, we all need to have a little “salt” in our lives to provide us with the savour we need for being his instruments on earth. There are many little things that add a sudden burst of pleasure to your day. These are the “salt” of your life. Here are ten, but I bet you can think of a lot more.
- Finding a coin—even a penny–on the sidewalk.
- Receiving a compliment on your outfit
- Receiving a smile from a child.
- Seeing an old friend unexpectedly
- Finding just what you planned to buy at a lower price than you expected.
- Receiving a picture hand drawn by a youngster.
- Meeting an old person who still has a zest for life
- Overhearing some long-married person speak of their spouse with love and respect.
- Realizing a dream after a long, long wait.
- Realizing once again that God does love you and has NOT forgotten you.